Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tarleton State University set to break ground on $110 million events center
Bookmark and Share
Scout54ever Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TSU
Tarleton State University set to break ground on $110 million events center
BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents today approved construction of a $110 million event center in the heart of Tarleton State University’s main campus.

“This vote clears the way for a state-of-the-art venue that will propel Tarleton’s D1 athletics program and serve Stephenville and the surrounding community for decades,” said John Sharp, chancellor of The Texas A&M University System.

Seating up nearly 8,000, the multipurpose center will sport NCAA Division I basketball facilities and room for academic symposiums, conferences, conventions and concerts. Tarleton convocations, commencements and student activities will have a permanent indoor home, and Stephenville will enjoy increased revenue from community and regional events.

“A strong university has a moral and social obligation to work with its community to deliver an outstanding higher education while spurring economic development and improving regional quality of life,” Dr. Hurley said. “We’re doing just that.”

A founding member of The Texas A&M University System, Tarleton is breaking records — in enrollment, research, scholarship, athletics, philanthropy and engagement — while transforming the lives of more than 16,000 students in Stephenville, Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian, A&M RELLIS at Bryan and online. True to Tarleton’s values of excellence, integrity and respect, academic programs emphasize real world learning and address regional, state and national needs.

Groundbreaking on the $110 million Tarleton State Events Center, located on the Stephenville campus, is planned this summer with approval for construction to begin in the coming months.
05-19-2023 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanFan Online
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
RE: Tarleton State University set to break ground on $110 million events center
On the Tarleton map page, the proposed area where the new arena will be is showing to be under construction. Any locals see anything on the ground?
07-26-2023 03:42 PM
Oscar P Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Tarleton State
(07-26-2023 03:42 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  On the Tarleton map page, the proposed area where the new arena will be is showing to be under construction. Any locals see anything on the ground?

There’s a large plot fenced off south of the field house. Been up for a week or two. I’ll run by there tomorrow and see if anything is happening.
07-26-2023 11:02 PM
Oscar P Offline
Bench Warmer

Update: much larger fenced off area and some preliminary dirt work going on. Signage for the event center is in place. It may really be happening!
07-27-2023 01:18 PM
Advertisement

Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
I think the parking garage is Phase I
07-27-2023 09:30 PM
Oscar P Offline
Bench Warmer

Football Gameday parking is gonna be terrible this year for sure. Parking garage is coming along nicely, buts it’s a long long way from completion. Most of the south parking from last season is now unavailable due to the Arena. At least that’s what the banners on the fences say. Students are going to be hating life in a couple weeks.
07-27-2023 11:09 PM
Oscar P Offline
Bench Warmer

I think the official groundbreaking ceremony is next week.
08-14-2023 12:36 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan Online
1st String

President put out a note today stating the official groundbreaking is scheduled for next Tuesday at 10:30.

He also stated there will also be a new 1,000 bed dorm added to the campus soon.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023 06:50 PM by TexanFan.)
08-17-2023 02:32 PM
Oscar P Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-17-2023 02:32 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  President put out a note today stating the official groundbreaking is scheduled for next Tuesday at 10:30.

He also stated there will also be a new 1,000 bed new dorm added to the campus soon.

600 million dollars either currently under construction or in the planning stages. That’s not including the buildings and upgrades that have already happened the last few years. Crazy!
08-17-2023 06:45 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F32YxHDW4AI9SfD.jpg

Updated rendering of new arena.
08-18-2023 07:18 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan Online
1st String

I wish the event was streamed.
08-22-2023 07:11 AM
TexanFan Online
1st String

https://tarletonsports.com/news/2023/8/2...tball.aspx

Click on the photo gallery for some renderings of the outside and inside of the new facility. They stated seating for basketball will be 8,000.

I am wondering why we had the ground breaking with construction to begin in the spring? Parking for football games?
08-22-2023 04:24 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

Dr. and Mrs. Hurley put out a short video today welcoming all students back to campus for the first day of classes.

They said the new arena will be started this year which I took to mean this academic year as the construction is set to begin in the spring.

They also stated construction would begin this year on the new health science building which will create a new Physician Assistant program as well as a PhD in Physical Therapy. It will also allow the university to double the number of nursing students currently enrolled. Per the master plan, this building should be built where the parking lot to the north and west of the Nursing Building is currently located. Construction will also begin on the new addition to the library which should be on the side where Davis Hall was located. And they mentioned again the plans have been submitted for a new 1,000 bed residential hall.

The first parking garage is ahead of schedule with its construction. Also, three new parking lots were added this summer located on the perimeter of the campus.

These are all signs of an extremely healthy and growing university.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023 06:41 PM by TexanFan.)
08-24-2023 06:41 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan Online
1st String

https://x.com/jucoadvocate/status/174809...7IleA4WEPw

Thought this was an interesting article about a potential/former Tarleton mens basketball signee.
01-18-2024 04:57 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
(01-18-2024 04:57 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  https://x.com/jucoadvocate/status/174809...7IleA4WEPw

Thought this was an interesting article about a potential/former Tarleton mens basketball signee.

One of the Bigs I could’ve sworn we had wrapped up and on scholly, then just disappeared. Now I know why. What a joke of a program. Sure hope he and that giant chip on his shoulder can make their way back to the Ville. A highly coveted 6’10 Big man with a mean streak and everything to prove is just what the Dr. ordered! 04-cheers
01-18-2024 06:27 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

Former Texan Joey Madimba is playing for Howard College and averaging 22 ppg. He is ranked #16 by @JucoRecruiting.

He has been offered by Idaho State and Western Illinois.

Also, Howard is Coach by Kyle Cooper who was on the Tarleton staff last year.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024 05:01 PM by TexanFan.)
01-30-2024 04:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.